The Nature Protection Directorate performs administrative and technical activities related to biological and landscape diversity conservation, sustainable use of natural resources and protection of natural values by carrying out or ensuring the carrying out of obligations assumed under international treaties, laws and other regulations.
Directorate rules on administrative cases, performs expert and administrative supervision of public institutions for management of protected areas, performs activities related to international cooperation and European integration, strategic planning in nature protection, coordination and monitoring of expert activities in the field of nature protection, prepares nature protection planning documents, provides opinions and prepares answers to questions of representatives, answers to applications, prepares expert bases for draft legislation under the Nature Protection Act and international treaties, coordinates and implements educational and promotional programmes related to nature conservation and protection, as well as other activities ordered by the Minister or Head of the Directorate.
The Directorate consists of the following sectors and divisions:
1. Sector for Biological Diversity and International Cooperation in Nature Protection
- Division for Biological Diversity
- Division for International Cooperation in Nature Protection
2. Sector for Protected Areas, Protection of Abiotic Nature and Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Division for Protected Areas
- Division for Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
Head of the Directorate
Phone: + 385 1 4866 102
Fax: + 385 1 4866 100